Staircases can be more to your home than just a feature that allows you to move between spaces — they can become a piece of art, add character and personality to the architecture of the building and naturally separate living spaces.
- Metal Stringer with Glass Railings
Let light flood into dark halls. Breathe life into enclosed spaces. Give a traditional home a modern twist. Glass is the ideal material to give your staircase and hallway the perfect lift. From cut-string glass that effortlessly graces any space to stunning glass spindles for the very latest look, our designers can work with you to create an architectural delight.
- Metal Stringer with Stainless Steel and Iron Railings
Dare to be different with a steel staircase. Create a dramatic hallway with forged steel spindles or opt for minimalist chic with brushed steel or iron.
With a little imagination and a lot of skill, any space can be transformed. Steel spindles and balustrades will give your staircase a 21st century twist, with quality craftsmanship that will last a lifetime.
- Staircase Terminology
1. Handrail is a rail that is designed to provide stability or support. These can also be used against the walls carried by metal brackets etc. Commonly used between newel posts.
2. Newel Post – A large post that holds the handrail, can be either left at full height, or cut short for a newel turning to fit into.
3. Spindle – These go between the handrail and base rail, acting as a safety feature, to stop you falling through – various styles available.
4. Tread – commonly referred to as a step.
5. Stringer – The structural component that houses the staircase treads and risers.
6. Riser – The vertical component between each tread (step).